HOW TO READ YOUR TIRE SIZE:
TIRE AND CARE MAINTENANCE
Maintaining optimum tire pressure helps to keep your vehicle running smoothly and safely. Properly inflated tires can:
- Prevent excessive tread wear and extend the life of your tires
- Enhance handling, traction, and the stopping ability of your vehicle
- Improve fuel economy by reducing friction, and in turn, lower emissions
- Some Toyota vehicles are equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System that can alert you to the need to stop and check your tires.
As you drive, tire tread gradually wears away, which impacts both traction and braking time. A simple way to check your tire tread is to insert a quarter into one of the grooves. If you can see the tip of the caribou’s nose, then you many need new tires. Your Heninger Toyota Service Expert can check and record tire tread depth, and examine tires for damage or wear to better determine if new tires are needed.
Front tires generally wear faster than rear tires, which makes tire rotation an important part of regular tire care.
- Ensures more even wear
- Extends the life of your tires
- Improves braking and handling performance
Tires should be rotated as recommended by your Toyota vehicle maintenance schedule.
Rainbow Toyota offers the convenience of storage for your winter and summer tires — so that your tires are right at hand when tire changeover season begins.
AVAILABLE TIRE BRANDS: